Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Infamous Intro Post

Here it is.
The infamous introduction post. What is this blog all about? Who is this person? What the heck does the title even mean?

I have two daughters, and at the time of this post, they are fairly young - an infant and a toddler. I often find myself imagining future conversations with them. I think about topics that may come up, and what I would want to address within the topic. Sometimes, I recognize that I have a few good points and then I say to myself, "Gosh, I hope I'll remember to say that in 10 years!"

But, I don't NEED to remember any of it in 10 years, let alone 10 days. I'm going to use this blog as a place to share my thoughts with my girls. It will have the dual purpose of allowing me to start logging advice for the them as well as providing them with a glimpse into my mind.  Through the process, I'm sure I will enjoy sharing my thoughts out into the world and with any luck, a few people out there will enjoy them also.



As for the title of the blog... I think every possible combination of "mom" and "journal" and "musings" and so forth was taken. I found myself in a thesaurus rabbit hole and saw the word "flock" as a synonym for offspring and family (and funnily enough, a new word for me: "brood" - a cluster of children). At this point, I was getting frustrated with my quest to find a blog and out of nowhere, my brain thought, "oh, for flock's sake!"  ForFlocksSake was available so, I went with it. And it cannot be changed so I am stuck with it. I suspect the name will grow on me over time, and if it doesn't, I guess that's my flocking problem.






No comments:

Post a Comment